The Delay of Your Dreams.
Sandman is a delay and loop-mangler capable of creating beautiful, dreamlike ambient textures or busy, hyper-stuttered glitch beats. Sandman blends many time-manipulation paradigms into one inviting interface, giving you the ability to use it as a traditional delay, a flanger, a granulator, a wavetable oscillator, or something completely different. A feature-packed modulation system keeps everything animated, while a special de-clicking algorithm ensures that your loops are mix-ready.
- “Sleep” mode freezes your delay buffer, creating locked loops. Loops can be further manipulated by changing the start and end points or manipulating the buffer size.
- Variable Sample Rate expands your delay times (up to eight minutes!) while enabling amazing creative possibilities. Use it to repitch a frozen buffer, add a bit of grittiness and warmth to a delay line, or simply decimate everything.
- Wide-ranging tempo-syncable delay times (down to 5 milliseconds). At its smallest settings, you can use Sandman as a flanger, a wavetable oscillator, a micro-delay, or to turn percussion into string tones.
- Dual LFOs with bipolar modulation destinations. Keep your loops from going stagnant and explore some wild modulation opportunities.
- Optional de-clicking algorithm makes your loops invisible. You can automate this algorithm's state, giving you glitchy clicks and cuts when you want them.
- Feedback filtering helps you control more intense patches or add a bit of murk to your loops.
- Intelligent "Lock" modes keep your delay length and loop lengths intact, even with a modulated sampling rate.
- "Dirt" switch adds some nastiness to the heart of the delay line for that extra-vintage feel.
- Preset locks allow you to keep specific parameters frozen on preset change.
Windows: XP SP3 or higher.
OS X: Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or higher.
Supported Plug-in Formats: 32/64-bit VST, 32/64-bit Audio Unit